I’ve been AWOL for a while, but am back to bring you some interesting links I don’t want you to miss.
The first is an amazing, animated video from Bullying.org for their “To This Day” project based on a poem by Canadian SHANE KOYCZAN. Bullying.org says, “Shane wrote the words and then invited animators and videographers from around the world to interpret and contribute segments of his poem. The results are stunning!”
Here is what others are saying about “To This Day”:
- “If you have time to watch only one video today, it should probably be this one.” -Huffington Post
- Slate called the video “beautiful,“
- Yahoo! News dubbed it “powerful“
- This video will “reshape your views on name calling, harassment and pain.” -Mashable
- “The anti-bullying movement has led to a lot of amazing and inspirational videos over the last few years, but this may be one of the best. Stop whatever you’re doing and watch this beautiful animated video…” -CBS News
I guarantee tears.
To learn more about Shane, go to his website.
Here’s another video that isn’t directly about bullying, but will make you weep and smile. Even if you’ve seen it before, it rates another view, because it’s about NICK VUJICIC whose philosophy is, no arms, no legs, no worries! You can probably bet that the speaker was bullied when he was young, although you’d never know it by his uplifting, positive attitude. Absolutely inspirational.
The final links are to blog posts that provide information and help to protect kids from bullying, all on blogs written for those wonderful people who stand in for us when we can’t be with our children–nannies and sitters. Check them out.
Go Nannies — “How to Help a Child Who Is Being Bullied”
Babysitting Jobs — “Signs Your Child May Be the Victim of Bullying in School”
Nanny Agency — “10 Telltale Signs Your Child is Being Bullied”
Nanny Pro — “How to Help Your Child Stand Up to a Bully without Getting Beaten Up”